Registered Veterinary Technician or Experienced Veterinary Assistant
Channel Islands Veterinary Hospital and Las Posas Veterinary Medical Center are searching for Registered Veterinary Technicians or experienced Veterinary Assistants to join our growing teams!
We are two well-established veterinary hospitals in Ventura County, one in Port Hueneme, the other in Camarillo. For over 32 years our doctors and staff have been delivering a high level of medical care that both supports and educates our clients to provide their beloved pets the best of health care throughout their lives. Our RVTs and Veterinary Assistants play an integral part in the success of our hospitals. If you are not a licensed RVT, we have an RVT sponsorship program.
- A team that operates and feels like a family. We pride ourselves on a welcoming environment where team members feel safe to learn and seek guidance from each other.
- A great learning environment! Our tenured team of RVTs/Veterinary Assistants enjoy having the opportunity to mentor and guide newer staff members in the same roles. They work hard to support and encourage each other and love to celebrate wins, big or small.
- Quality Medicine. Our team of doctors and RVTs/Veterinary Assistants utilize state-of-the-art equipment to perform advanced techniques providing excellent care and treatment services.
- Use your skills! Opportunity to utilize your skill set to the highest level and perform a wide range of procedures
- Smile! We like to have fun at work and keep the atmosphere light while we get the work done.
- Schedule – Full-time hours, 5 days per week, with 1 weekend day requirement
- Evening Janitorial Service– this means no end-of-day cleaning after your shift!
- Registered Veterinary Technician (preferred) OR 5+ years of clinical experience as a Veterinary Assistant
- Ability to perform procedures/treatments as directed by a DVM (to include but not limited to – venipuncture, IV catheter placement, anesthesia induction and perioperative monitoring, nursing care, etc.)
- Initiative to recognize the flow of the day and problem-solve as needed
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail
- Collaborative TEAM Player, willingness to cross-train in different areas of the hospital
- Sense of humor, positive energy
Salary Range: $18-$25 per hour (salary commensurate with experience)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401 K
- CE Allowance (for Registered Veterinary Technicians)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Pet Discount
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Unless you have professional experience working with pets, please do not apply.
For more information about our hospitals- Watch our Hospital Video!
Or visit our websites: